Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Changed


My first morning back from a six day mission trip to Ecuador was refreshing however; I am still left with a longing to go back. Don’t get me wrong, I am happy to be home with my family but I long for the cold showers, no phone or tv, long hours doing ministry and especially longing for the people there.

God reminded me who He is and who He has called me to be and what He has called me to do on the trip to Ecuador. I had allowed people, things and this world to suffocate my walk with Him and I had grown cold to Him and others.

As I am sitting here on my back porch, I realize how my flowers and plants have grown and changed since I have been gone.  God revealed to me that was what He has and is doing in me during the trip to Ecuador and now as I am writing;  changing my attitude, my life and my heart. Oh, how I praise You, Father. I recognize that change doesn’t have to be on a mission trip or something dramatic to happen but can come daily by spending quality time with Him and allowing Him to heal and to minister to me. These are all things that I know but by being so consumed by the world, I couldn’t see it anymore.

As I said earlier I was longing for Ecuador even now as I write my longing is even changing to a longing to  to have a changed heart that is so saturated of  Him.

“Come to me all who are weary and heavy laden and I will give you rest.”  Matthew 11:28

He has given me rest in my soul and changed what was darkness back toward the light.

Are you changing to be more like Him? Or are you like me where I was suffocating from the things of this world or maybe you are tired of trying and ready to give up? Whatever it may be that is holding you back from allowing Him in to change you; give it to God today and allow the process to begin. Remember the process of us changing doesn’t end until we are home with our Father. We must come to God daily for Him to show us and change us to be who He has created us to be.

Don’t halt the process; go to Him and find rest for your soul.

Lord, create in me a thirst for You. Train my soul to know clean, pure refreshment. Train my soul for You.

Changing,

Tammy

No comments:

Post a Comment