Monday, October 31, 2011

It's Not About You

It’s Not About You

I just left Athens Hospital from doing a devotion with some of the staff there. This was my third time in going and sharing. As soon as I got outside of the doors, Satan came after me in my thoughts screaming you are an idiot, what do you think your doing you don’t even know what you are trying to say, they are laughing at you, they want come back, and on and on he went. I could feel myself sinking further and further. As I was driving home, I heard my sweet savior whispering to me; Tammy, you did what I asked you to do, to share my word. Quit worrying about how people respond or didn’t; only be obedient to what I call you to do. It is not about you; it’s about Me and My kingdom. I am the one responsible for stirring their hearts and what I want from you. As I listen to Him, a new song “Blessings’ by Laura Stone came on the radio. I pulled in my garage and sat listening and allowing God to minister to me at that moment. I released the tears that I was holding back and ask for forgiveness of my pride, insecurities and all the other feelings that I was having. My Father, comfort, reassure and loved me back to Him.

 It’s not about me, when things don’t go my way, people don’t respond the way I think they should or about my feelings. God has taught me that lesson today and reminded me what life is really all about, HIM. I am so grateful for His love, grace and mercy He shows me through talking with Him, songs, His word and other ways He communicates to me.

Be reminded that it’s not about you or what you want; it’s about being in the center of His will and what He is calling you to do. More importantly, don't let the lies of Satan stop you from what God is calling you to do!

"Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the sea of mockers. But his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he mediates day and night. He is like a tree planted by streams of water which yields it fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither.
Psalm 1:1-3

No comments:

Post a Comment