Monday, October 3, 2011

Words

Are there words that are imbedded in your heart from your past? Fat, ugly, unlovable, unworthy, incompetent, and stupid words; the list goes on and on. Some of the words have been said to me and have cut deep into my heart from my childhood to adult life. I have heard adults say some of these words about other people. It's no wonder we struggle with our self worth. Satan loves nothing better that to throw these words in your face constantly. Lies are what these words are to us. Our problem is that we have listened for so long that we believe them.
God has given me new words to replace the lies. One of those words is believed. I was asked in a counseling session; in what and whom did I believe. I learned that I had been listening to the lies of Satan instead of the truth that God had already told me in His word about myself.
Another word is treasure. God showed me through another person that I was treasuring things of this world instead of the eternal things that He has for me. Loving people is an eternal thing. He has given me many more words, but these are the two that stands out the most in my life because they are life changing words for me.
The bible says that our tongue is sharper than a two edged sword. What words are you saying to or about others? Are they damaging to the heart? Do they bring one down or do they uplift, encourage and edify? It's sad to say, but in today's society, Satan is using us to destroy the spirits of those we talk to with our choice of damaging words. Are you choosing your words wisely?
Psalms 19:14
Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in your sight, O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer.

No comments:

Post a Comment